The Cathedral Miniature
This miniature is sold in special packaging, a wooden crate used to transport works of art.
Carved in stone and still covered in toolmarks, The Cathedral is a combination of two right hands, belonging to two different figures.
It was entitled The Ark of the Covenant, before being named The Cathedral, very probably after the publication of Rodin's Les Cathédrales de France, in 1914.
Parallels may be drown between the mysterious inner space that seems to emanate from the composition and Gothic architecture.
The symbol and description "Reproduction - miniature - musée Rodin" guarantee the authenticity of the miniature.